GUEST POST: How to set and accomplish goals all year round!

January 18, 2016



Hello Lovely readers! I’m Naomi from My Fair Olinda. I’m so excited to be sharing on Julia’s blog this week. I’ll be bringing you part two of our three part series on Goal Setting. Today I want to share with you How I Set Goals. Julia and I both shared on our blogs last week Why We Set Goals. Today I’m going to talk about how I create and define my goals.

Now that we’ve established in Part One of this series why we set goals we get to explore the details of goal setting. I don’t think it will come as a surprise that wishy washy goals won’t get you far. Ask yourself, what is it you want to accomplish when you set goals, what end results are you looking for, and how will your goals help you grow?

Three ways to set and accomplish goals you will stick with:

Get specific and make a plan: Define and expand your goals. Get into the details of it. If your goals are too broad or vague you’ll lose sight of them. Being specific with your goals means clearly defining what they are and how you will achieve them. If I say This year I want to blog more. What does this goal mean? Right now this is not an actionable statement. However if I say, I plan to grow my blog by writing three posts a week about do it yourself projects, I have a defined, actionable and achievable goal. When writing goals identify what your end result will be and what steps you will take to get there.

Be bold: Step outside of the comfort zone box. Put yourself out there, explore new ideas and take risks. When you set goals be willing to do things differently. The whole reason you are setting goals is to make changes and find forward momentum. So be brave and go for it!

Invite others to participate: Sharing your goals is a great way to get fired up about them. I love to brainstorm and I love working with a team. When we invite others into our goals we have someone to bounce ideas off of, to support and encourage us and to keep us accountable. Including others in the process starts with sharing your goals with them. Julia has been part of the process from the moment I shared my goals with her. I remember feeling so fired up when we first talked about these goals three months ago. Sharing my goals out loud helped me not only to articulate them, but it made them real.


Action steps to take today:
  1. Write an actionable statement identifying your goals and what steps you will take to achieve them.
  2. Take a risk by being bold and getting out of your comfort zone.
  3. Share your goals with someone who will cheer you on!


Next week Julia and I will each share What Our Goals Are with you lovely readers! Need someone to cheer you on? Let us know what your goals are in the comment section.


xoxo,

Naomi



No Response to "GUEST POST: How to set and accomplish goals all year round!"

Post a Comment

Hello, Lovely All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger