Embracing the Struggle // Day 5

March 26, 2013

I typed out yesterdays blogpost quote from "Love Does" thinking in the back of my mind... 

"Hmm, I wonder what blog reader this will stand out to? Who is gonna need a little kick in the pants today?"

Only to realize around 1:30, when an e-mail popped into my inbox that the quote would have special significance for none other than me. I had unknowingly written to myself. I was the one who was gonna need a little extra encouragement, a little kick in the pants if you will. Funny how that works, isn't it? Reading through the e-mail a door was shut and what I had planned for in the middle of April was falling apart. Yes, I admit I was frustrated and maybe a little annoyed -- "Back to square one and moving onto Plan C whatever that will look like", I thought to myself.

Sometimes I wonder why dreams can't just fall into our laps? Life would be so much easier if that was the case or would it? I'm learning [and have a long ways to go] to embrace the struggle. To embrace the setbacks. To embrace the "fall-downs". To embrace the failures, big or small. Thats where the growth happens and true passion and drive shine through. Yes, a door closed but I don't think its time to turn around and walk away. No, its time to crush that door even if it means it'll get closed on me a few more times in the process.





1 comments:

  1. Thank you dear for your encouraging words today! And I am loving the stripes and blue skirt!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Lovely All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger